- 2007-2009 MFA, University of Leeds
- 2004-2007 BA(hons) Fine Art, University of Northampton
- 2018 An exhibition of selected works: Jade Gilbert, ESA Harrogate
- 2011 Drawing and Illustration Series, Bank Street Arts, Sheffield
- 2011 TK Gallery Exhibition: Jade Gilbert, Total Kunst Gallery, Edinburgh
- 2019 MICRO, AIR Gallery, Altrincham
- 2014 From Here & There: Drawings from the UK, Elysium Gallery, Swansea, Wales. 29th November – 20th December 2014
- 2014 From Here & There: Drawings, Clara Hatton Gallery, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, 26th September-31st October
- 2014 Searching for Nick Drake, curated by Andrea Fitzpatrick, Droichead Arts Centre, Drogheda, 6th August - 28th September 2014
- 2014 Psychogeography Group Show, Art Hub Gallery, Deptford, London
- 2013 Neo: art prize, Neo:gallery 22, Bolton
- 2011 Beholder, Talbot Rice Gallery, Edinburgh
- 2011 Save the Forest Art Auction, Axo Gallery Edinburgh
- 2010 BETWEEN EXPRESSION AND ACTION: A group show of drawing, Red Eric Leeds, Leeds
- 2010 Nearly. Centering On The Periphery, No Name No Number, London
Web based exhibitions
I initially start with the question of how much I can ‘work’ a surface. All the works display a multiplicity of marks
(scratching, piercing or drawing) which result in surfaces resonant with the prolonged activity of their own deconstruction.
I stop working on the paper when it achieves a state of fragility whereby its coherent form would be under threat if subjected
to further marks.
The works share a concern with the existence and possible non-existence of objects, with each piece displaying a material
narrative of making/unmaking. The process allows the work to be visually and imaginatively ‘rewound’, bringing with it an
awareness that a part is missing, identifying a loss.